…and all through the house, not a crankset was turning, not even a 1x.
Hrmm… ok so it needs a little work.
It has been a little while since I last posted, but as the rest of the house is asleep on this Christmas eve, I’m a bit high on energy after a terrific day with my dad on the links and a great family dinner out. I didn’t do all that bad either considering I hadn’t swung a golf club in at least 15 years. I started to get some form back by the time we finished so I may try to get out there a bit more often now.
Anyway, since my last post there is what has been going on in my cycling life:
- I started racing on Zwift. Riding CX really made me want to race some more and what better way than on Zwift over the winter. I’m only in Cat D right now due to a somewhat low FTP w/kg since I didn’t have the summer training as planned, but I’ve been doing pretty well and have even caught a few podiums. My w/kg is improving weekly so I’ll likely be up to Cat C by the new year.
- I’m not sure how I managed it, but Vision racing recruited me after a few races on Zwift and I have been riding for them for a couple of months now. It’s a great group of guys and gals and nothing like having other teammates or a DS in your ear as you are racing. Lots of strong riders on the team so hopefully some of their racing knowledge will rub off on me.
- I put my application in for a multi day ride called the “Police Unity Tour.” It starts from the 9/11 memorial in NYC and goes to the Law Enforcement Officers memorial in Washington D.C. Due to the amount of applications received from returning riders, I’m currently on the wait list with 75 other people. I’m not sure where I am in line so I may or may not get in but if I do this will be my “A” ride I am targeting. It’s not competitive in nature but is 4 days long and has back to back centuries which would be new to me.
- I got an Knog Oi bell for my bike. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet but it doesn’t look like a bell and you can hardly notice it on the bike (I have the all black model) and it might be less jarring then yelling “on your left!” as I got whizzing past.
- I’m on the hunt for a power meter for my C’dale. I’d really like a spider based unit like a Power2Max or Quark, but they are a bit cost prohibitive especially since I have a wedding coming up. I do like the idea of pedal units like the Powertap P1 for the Garmin Vectors, but they are really cost prohibitive so I’m leaning towards something like a Stages to replace the left crank arm. I probably don’t need double sided power but I’d just like to have numbers while I’m out on the road.
- I’m on the hunt for some new wheels. I’m
lookingdrooling over the Flo Cycling 45 & 60 models. Not sure if I can swing them before the wedding but we’ll see. I’ll probably spring for a power meter first.
With all that said I am not getting a bit sleepy and Santa will be here soon. My Christmas present to myself will be a ride outside tomorrow. Since I’m visiting my parents in SC it should be a wonderful ride outside not requiring any cold weather gear!
He sprung to his saddle, to his team flicked an elbow, and away they all peddled, dropping everyone with ease,
but I heard him exclaim, as they hammered out of sight…
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!